So yesterday when I woke up in the morning I had assumed that I was going to go to the zoo in the Adelaide Hills and that was about all I had planned. After waking up without getting enough sleep, I had very much considered not going to the zoo at all, but I told myself that it would be a really good time and to pick up my socks and get my butt out the door. It was a gorgeous day that is all to rare in the Autumn and winter of Adelaide. The sun was out without a cloud in the sky to interupt its warming rays, and it was blazing enough to sit down and really just enjoy the warmth on your skin. I met up with Simon and Kim and they convinced me that today was definitely a day for sitting on the patio and having a beer, and it didn't take much to convince me. But, we still were going to go to the zoo, but not the zoo that I had originally thought. There's a three zoos in the area, two in the hills and one is more of a wildlife reserve with just native animals, the other I have no idea about, and the Adelaide zoo. it wasn't really much to write about, but there were some cool things there, as always the canines caught my eyes the most, but some animals really just deserve more space then they're given in that zoo. After the zoo, a spontaneous decision was made for us to head out to this tourist town called Hahndorf, the oldest Germantown in Australia. It was really cool and I had my first wine tasting experience at a cellar that was closing down, and purchased some delicious fudge and Shiraz jam (made from the same grapes that make the famous South Australian wines). Afterwards, we went to this bar thats decently close to my house and had a great meal and night. I woke up early enough to get the day started and put in a solid 13.5kms and now am sitting around knowing I should start an assignment but am just too distracted by catching up with the news online and watching the great Meerkat Mansion. The meerkats at the zoo weren't nearly as entertaining. Thus caps off a great month of may, and leaves me with only about two and a half months left of my trip, which sounds like a long time but with how fast the last three and a half months have flown by, it won't surprise me when one day I wake up with my bags packed and ready to get going.

