
That is a GREAT photo! Thank you Trine Schultz! Its got a great story behind it as well. Who would've thought that with all the training I've been doing in Australia that this picture would capture the moment where I would suffer my first injury of the training season. I've told some people already, but I'll fill the rest of you in.
A group of us had gotten together to treat some visitors to Adelaide and we went to by far the best restaurant that I've tried in Adelaide, Sosta. This Argentinian masterpiece serves some of the most delicious porterhouse that I've ever had the pleasure of eating. So after some amazing steak, some equally incredible wine and a fine cigar, we went to the Irish bar thats currently serving the cheap Guinness. After that, we're on our way to our pool hall/cheap drink bar and on the way, I thought it would be the greatest idea conceivable to blindly jump over what I thought was one garbage can, but turned out being two. While providing an excellent photo, the crash I encountered afterwards ended up doing the worst damage. I'm still hoping that the bruise on the inside of my left thigh, about the size of a coke bottle, and worse than that the bruise that felt like it was the inside of my shin bone underneath my right calf. It all healed up well enough though, and I'm back to running. I just had the run of Australia. I know exactly what it was, and not only was it one of the easiest runs of the year, it was also one of the fastest. A 4:11 pace with a lot left in the tank. I've made the decision with the selling of the bike that I'm going to pick up my run training and start training for a full marathon. I've got the end of September/beginning of October in my sights, and there are also conveniently two marathons in Toronto around those times. In October there's also a marathon in Maine, Chicago, Detroit, Scranton PA (from the Office)and many other cities, as well as Rimouski where I ran the half-marathon last year. It all depends where I can meet up with someone else who wants to run it with me. I'm hoping maybe my dad and my mom might be able to do so, that'd be kinda cool, and anyone else thats interested, let me know and we'll try to get something together. Start training now and you'll be set!
More photos from the night:

