02 February 2009

Reality sets in with eight days to go

Crazy, I know, but it didn't really set in that I was leaving and going to Australia until about Friday, when I worked my last shift at Tim Horton's. It went overall very well, I enjoyed my time at Tim's this year and the pay cheques helped me out immensely throughout the semester to not be such a prude with money, but its also really nice to be done. Then come Saturday when I moved anything thats staying in Halifax from my place now to the place I'll be coming back to in September (just in the basement) it really started to become a reality. And now the last week has dawned upon us (last week in Halifax). And although I only have a few things left, I certainly have the rest of the days already planned out, commencing tomorrow with getting my money back that I had to pay for this semester (long story) and getting everything worked out for BSc/BEngineering concurrent degree that I'm doing, apparently I was kicked out of science when I got accepted into the engineering program. And then its just saying goodbye to the good people of Halifax, on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights. And picking up what money is still owed to me from past employers/people. And tying up all the loose ends and planning the few days I'll be in Toronto, so needless to say I'm feeling busy enough right now. Haven't even really been able to stay on top of what the budget was proposing or write about my wicked hat. I did watch Eastern promises and watch the Superbowl this past week, amazing movie and amazing fourth quarter. Bruce Springsteen's still got it going on too.