25 February 2009

5 questions

I've been meaning to get to this for some time, a blog that I follow of a triathlete from BC sent me five questions pertaining to me/my blog just as he had someone do for him. Just a good way for people to get to know more about me and why I'm writing, ect. You'll catch the drift.

1) Why did you start blogging? What drew you into it?
Really it was reading Simon Whitfield's blog during the 2008 Olympics that first got me into it. After that, I started seeing more and more cool things/people that were writting just about daily life. Living in Halifax, spending summers in BC and now especially being in Australia means its hard to keep up to date with everyone, and even more so for them to keep up with me. So to make it easier on myself and for them, I decided to just start blogging, and haven't really looked back since. Its been both rewarding and well worth it all along the way.

2) What sport accomplishment are you most proud of?
Very tough one, and in the end after about four seconds of thought its not possible to pick. One thing I always pride myself on is the ability to just give it 100%. I loved practices in high school much more then I loved games, and in university as well. Ask Jeff Wagner, its not long after shooting around that I start making bets for wind sprints. I'd like to say I miss shots on purpose just so I can run 1 full, 1 three-quarter, 1 half and 1 quarter length of a basketball court for the fun of it, but most of the time thats not the case. So the accomplishment would just be constantly recognized as the hard worker, even if the fruits of my labour don't come out in games or in consistency, I still feel euphoric when sweat drips off the tip of my nose.

3) What is one thing people should know about you outside of sporting world?
Although I move around a lot and its hard to catch me in one place or thinking one mindset for very long, it in NO way means that I don't care for and appreciate the people I meet along the way. A good friend whom I've been trying to keep in touch with mentioned that it seems that I turn friendships on and off, and thats not the case. We're all busy, we're all living our lives. But, for those of you that I talk to and even those that I can't, I can't stress how much I'd be willing to drop everything if you needed me, or needed a travel partner (providing you're paying...)

4) What is your biggest sport "Weakness"?
I think a lot of people will agree struggle with this, but its consistency. Finding the time in the day. And diet. I love to eat, and feel as though if I didn't love it so much I'd be better off haha. This includes beer. But its certainly finding the time in a busy schedule to make it into the pool and onto the bike or a run or any combination of two of those. I can always find the time for one, its the multiple training days that get me.

5) I see you've read some fitness oriented books, what is you favorite sport/adventure book?
Lance Armstrong's War by Dan Coyle. Amazing - check it out.