21 September 2008

Don't count me out yet.

His name is Justin Daerr, and after I read his article on slowtwitch.com, a pretty fantastic triathlon site, he has become some inspiration. Since school is getting busier I've been having a harder and harder time trying to fit in training and stay on top of everything, and after looking over my schedule today I know its only going to get tougher as well. I just found out I have, starting this Wednesday 8 midterms in as many weeks. And I'm starting at Tim's which will only complicate things more I suppose. But back to this guy. Here's a guy who went to Texas A&M, was a baseball player his whole life, and only got into tris his first year of uni. Granted that's about 4 years ago for me, he is now a professional on the circuit of the Ironman distances, an Elite athlete after two seasons of Age Group racing (AGer). So all hope is not lost in starting late, it just requires discipline and some hard work. Something I'm gonna be telling myself when I hope in the pool or on the bike this week. The sickness seems to be doing better already, so I'm doubtful about the ENT doctor, although I would've loved my family doctor at home to have given me this stuff the first appt I had because 5 appts for a proper fix is just too much for me. Best of luck to everyone else starting up their midterms. I'm counting down to Thanksgiving already. Some good news, the weather this week looks great again, so that'll be something to enjoy throughout the week to keep the spirits up.