I would love to start taking donations from anyone wishing to help me build a bike, singe speed hopefully aluminium frame road bike. Now, most of you that know me well enough are probably saying "you need another bike like you need a hole in the head", well, this is why I'd like one. My road bike right now is too good of a bike to be riding around downtown and leaving it anywhere and everywhere, already the front wheel needs to be trued. My mountain bike is simply too heavy to be riding around such a hilly city all day and all night long. The tires are way too serious for the road, and right now I'm pretty sure the disk brakes are rubbing while I ride, so instead I want to build one. I recently applied at cyclesmith in Halifax, although it didn't sound like they were really looking so instead I'm gonna apply at all the other bike shops in the city, for the experience, money and the use of their tools. I considered selling my mountain bike, but I just have too much fun jumping over sewer grates and I want to get into more single track when I have the chance. So this leaves me with only one option; new bike. I wanted a car so already this is quite the step down I'd say.
Other then that things have been going pretty good, I finally got sheets to fit my bed, which is the first step to fixing up my room and making it feel more like home. Classes are getting normal and in the routine, gonna already have alot of reading to catch up on this weekend though. Halifax Film Festival is in town and apparently the first show tonight was a huge hit, I talked to a guy outside of the theatre and he said that Blindness, with Julianne Moore, was much worth seeing. I'm starting to love the biking around the city too, just not at 8h00 in the morning when old people in cars almost hit me or people don't give me enough space to pass them at a red light (how can you be that jealous that a bike is passing you in rush hour traffic) and I end up falling on my butt onto the grass. And this all happened in one day too, so you drivers out there share the road will yah. Politicians are making their way down the east coast now too, Dion was in St. John's today so maybe Halifax by the weekend. Maybe worth seeing the guy speak and try to explain how with a minority gov't (if they get elected at all) they would possibly get his carbon tax to pass through, or maybe he could explain how those who need to drive a truck, agriculture and construction, will be differentiated from those soccer moms in the SUVs. Weekend starts after 1h30 tomorrow, and on request some pictures of Red and the house will be coming soon, just let me get the room tidy first.
Also, training has officially started again, with 4.5 miles around the track on Wednesday, and a swim and run maybe tomorrow.
Inspire
12 years ago
