So, what do I do?
i) Continue my studies at Kings/Dal and finish up by Dec 2010 (same time as Australia) but with a realistic maximum of a 3.0 GPA
ii) Continue on with my plans and try to make my way to Australia in July and come back to finish off at Dal in Dec 2010 with the same scenario as Dal, 3.0 GPA but a large chunk out of my pocket for paying international fees to a school not affiliated with Dal (Dal affiliates are only in Canberra, not really interested in studying 2 hrs away from the coast)
iii) Change my plans, change my school and go study at St. Mary's University, thus renewing my transcript, bumping me up to a 3.6 GPA to start with and add only 1 extra semester, graduating April 2011 with a Bachelor of Science and a Bachelor of Engineering diploma.
Now why would I care this much about my GPA? Well, I've never showed much interest in graduate school, but I also have no job opportunities come my way when I do graduate from where ever and a BSc is not necessarily a hot commodity out in the world, I've got ideas of what I want to do but nothing very concrete at all, and life without purpose is pretty detrimental for my most of the time. I'm not really someone that can stay stagnant for long.
So where do I make the decision? There is a fourth option of transferring to a school in Australia, and finishing two years over there, but where am I gonna come up with 40,000$ for tuition alone? Nowhere.
I'm looking at my options pretty hard this week, but there's been so much going on lately I should also be devoting this time to catching up in a my genetics class and in my training. I wanted to start the catch up Friday but instead I got a midterm moved and will hopefully be hitting the asphalt starting Tuesday. Just need a couple things to start going my way, but have no idea of how to go out and make the world work for me.
Inspire
12 years ago
