You know how hard it is to be a well rounded person? I've been trying that this year and so far its really not going as well as I wished it would. By well rounded, I mean, for myself, socially aware and into your own hobbies. This reminds me of an embarrassing memory of mine from when my family went to Disney World, the only time I've been further then Tennessee in the US. We were having a grand time, doing all the rides and what not and we happened upon this pirate ride that then had this souvenir shop. My parents, the suckers haha, encouraged the kids to get stuff at the conveniently located shop, where all the kids are on pirate-highs and wish nothing then to plumage and squander the rest of their known lives. Anyways, I buy this little build your own pirate ship model. At the time, I'm super excited. But as we leave the shop, I immediately regret this purchase and the pirate ship has suddenly morphed into a metaphor for my inability to commit to one thing in life (at that age, of course, I had no idea of this). Anyways, I start crying (ugh...) because the pirate ship doesn't really match anything in my room (great feeling of pathetic coming over my right now...), aka my interests were all over the place and I just wished I could be one type of person instead of trying to do everything. I'm still that kid, unfortunately and fortunately. I'm extremely thankful to my parents for letting me partake in any endeavour I wished when I was growing up, I was always encouraged to play any sport I wanted, do anything I could. This was great, but also sometimes terrible. I'm faced with the same dilemna today of thinking to myself 'Why can't you just make up your mind?'. My interests are all over the place, and its a gift and a curse. Its obvious to see why its a gift but let me elaborate on the curse part; I have no idea what I want to do when I grow older, and barely have an idea what I want to do in the next few months. Ideally, I'd do it all, I'd be scuba diving and surfing 4 days a week, I'd be training 3-4 hours/day for triathlons, I'd be an activist in my community for sustainability and becoming better educated in that and other issues facing the world, I'd atleast have my first degree by now and working on making a difference somewhere, and the list goes on and on. I'm embarrassed to say I have no idea the details of the crisis in Darfur because I simply haven't had the time to look it up. It was brought to my attention two days ago, the day before the poles open; I was pushing people to vote when I myself wasn't fully educated on all the issues. I was skewed by what I was hearing from people; for example, I thought Jack Layton to be a liar because I didn't see how his system of training more health care professionals was gonna work, but thanks to a friend (who eventually didn't vote NDP, but was just immensely more educated than I on the issues) I got an understanding that his ideas (or that one at least) really wasn't that bad. It was an embarrassing conversation to have, me trying to justify my political views when I recognized her rebuttals against them were unbreakable. Eventually, I could only chalk up my vote to gut instinct, which thankfully no one can really tell me is wrong. But alas, I have no idea the kind of person I am yet, and the worst part is, I've been this way my whole life. I had a friend from high school not long ago say 'You really haven't changed at all'. Not at all in a negative way, almost in a positive way but certainly in a truthful way. I'm still one of the most indecisive yet hard headed people I know, which is a terrible combination because besides really basketball (and I'm aware theres so many other people that could still squash me in that, I just avoid hanging out with them), I'm a amateur expert in nothing but a participant in most things... is this good or bad? The all time great plaguing question for me; is it better to be good at a number of things or great at a few things?