09 October 2008

Step one: find frame

YESSSSS! Frame found for the fixie or single speed I'm gonna be making. Construction will start on Tuesday most likely (which is terrible because I've got two midterms on friday haha). But this is great, this is some good news I've been needing. After my race high I've been so busy that I haven't been able to find time to do any excercise and that probably won't stop until next week, but I'm gonna try to find time this weekend to go for a 10 or 12 k just for the hell of it. I miss the road. Last time I ran in PEI though (going to PEI for thanksgiving), it started raining almost immediately as my feet hit the asphalt and with the howling winds that are always coming and going on the island, it was a chilly one. Have to bring out the tights (I secretly [not so secretly after this statement] LOVE rocking the spandex, it just makes you feel faster). I've still gotta check out the frame but it should be wicked, I've had Al from Nauss Bikes (GREAT bike shop, best in Halifax by far) looking for frames my size for a while now. The problem is I can't fit onto a frame the size of my current bike because older frames had the seat tube and the top tube perpindicular while newer bikes have that at a angle so that the frames longer with a smaller measurement. Older frames are shorter while being equally as tall (not good for lanky ol' me).

Well, quick update of a moment of excitment, back to studying.