22 October 2008

I think I'll do, but not as originally planned.

So St. Mary's University, after proper research, has been ruled out as where I'll be headed next. The program they offer is actually offered precisely the same in Dal, but the prepared concurrent program isn't for me. The way they make this work is they pretty much add a year to your engineering diploma and at the same time make it attainable to get a BSc concentration in bio, which is already a three year degree in itself. I personally don't want to sacrifice anything along the lines of my biology background/degree because thats where my job is headed for sure. But, I am exploring the option of doing a proper degree (major) and a diploma concurrently. To me it makes sense if it would be possible for me to do it, but of course you've always got to check with dal officials to make sure it'll work for certain.

I got some discerning news about Australia thus far too, but am only seeing it as a step back. I'm trying to apply right now in time to be accepted and attend next semester, leave in March and be back July and continue with the regular semester at Dal. I'm obviously pumped about that because it puts Australia even closer, but what I'm finding right now is all the schools are looking for 3.0 admission GPAs for study abroad programs, and I don't have that. But, my past three semesters have been far above this so I'm enquiring about the possibility of extenuating circumstances for acceptance. I've also been talking to the professor who handles transfer credits at Dal and he's certainly being very open to the opportunity of accepting most of the classes I'm looking at taking, which is really encouraging as well.

Well, thats about how its going lately. No training to speak of other then 2hrs of basketball yesterday, which isn't training at all. I'm aware. But I've got a date with the frigid day tomorrow warranted that I get a good night's sleep tonight (a rarity lately because of the relaxing after work turning into being awake way too late).

If no one ever knew this, I thought it was really cool to hear. Michael Ignatieff and Bob Rae were university roommates. That's amazing to me. I'm sure it was in upper years when they lived together, but for both men to become so successful politically, that's wicked. I'm interesting if my liberal support will extend into the new party's policies. It was policy standard for the carbon tax, so thats a good sign that it might, but also as the Green party continues to improve my loyalty can easily head in that direction. If my Gramma's reading the posts this week, maybe don't tell Babba of my affection for the cappuccino-sucking Liberals just yet. And tell him that Dalton McGuinty has no chance of becoming the next leader of the party.

The recent elections has actually made me think of one day getting into local politics, warranted that I've put my major energies into the environment first, lived life some and get some great concrete ideas of how to make Canada a continue amazing country for generations to come. But thats rather far down the road.