My goodness gracious. What an absolutely incredible ride I just had. Yesterday I went in and got my stem switched around so that my aerobars were about, who knows, 3 cm higher than they were before. Well it sounds like such a small change, but it actually made for an incredible ride. After the switch I put in an hour in the saddle on the city outskirts, but it wasn't really that great of a ride because there were so many stop lights along the way and too much traffic around so I couldn't really let loose. So today I took a ride up to Norton Summit from Kent Town, and if my camera weighed any less, next time I'd bring it up there. The sights were absolutely incredible, I can't even describe it. In Kent Town and Magill, you'll rolling by shops along the Parade and Magill Rd and then you start the ascent through 4 or 5 hair pins. I left early enough that none of the cars were really out yet, or maybe this route is just very different then Old Norton Summit Rd that I took a couple days ago that was extremely busy. I think that makes sense because there weren't as nearly as many hairpins on those routes. Well, topping out at a 575m elevation climb with a TT cycle is no easy feat, there were plenty of times where I thought I was done for and only once when I needed to actually stop but that was more allowing myself to lose momentum and then trying to power out again and quickly had to take a rest (buying what bottles/holder tomorrow). So anyways, all of a sudden you take the second, third hairpin and you've gotta view across the entire city of Adeliade, absolutely breath taking. Then you're climbing up past vineyards tucked away in the hills and you hit the quaint, 20 person establishment of Norton Hills, and you're feeling so great and think you're nearly at the top anyways that you just keep on going. Absolutely incredible. I'll borrow a friends camera and take some pictures from the top next week.Today I also did something I was assuring everyone that I wouldn't do again; reactivated my facebook account. I did it so that I'll get a chance to hear from everyone back at home because besides a few great folks, I haven't heard too much from anyone and with school started and things slowing down, I've been wondering what everyone else has been up to. Hopefully it works all for the best, and if Sean - you ever read this or email me back - I'm sorry, I know how much you and I equally despised facebook and now I've joined them again. Please forgive me, but atleast I still haven't bought a mac, yet.
