I'd almost feel bad for not posting since I think Tuesday but then again, I'm sure everyone

remembers where I am haha. Luckily, atop of the blog I keep a personal travel journal to be able to look back at everything that I've been up to. Also, in my defence, all the blogs that I follow haven't been updated in quite some time either, only Whitfield's. So I can excuse myself a bit but I Know how busy these other people are (Meyrick Jones is training with the Cdn National Cycling team - damn). So Wednesday was a pretty normal day, gorgeous outside with a full day of classes and a frustrating practical but followed up with coming home and going for an amazing ride flat ride along the ocean side, a good workout too because the headwind really made it that I had to push pretty tough to keep my speed up, and then that always means that when you turn around you've got the wind pushing you from behind, so you're flying down the street. No hills, staying legitimately infront of the few cars I saw so I know my speed was up there in the low fourties probably. Came home for a great supper and got ready for the next day. Also that night got little sleep because I found a new comedian who is priceless. See the procrastination link ->
Thursday was a great day, again gorgeous weather followed by a great barbeque. All the Euros really hadn't had an Aussie barbeque yet but also hadn't had one in general (thats where I come in...). So got 2.5 kilos of fresh steak, and did what my mom does best; barbeque with steak, potatoes, carrots, and mushrooms/onions. It definitely wasn't even close to her calibre, of course, but all that was negated by the quality of the meat. Amazing. This butcher and I will certainly become good friends this year haha. After that it was a really fun night on the town, and maybe we could say that moderation wasn't my greatest strength, but I made it to classes the next day.
My participation was extremely lacklustre, if I was even awake, but I was there regardless. I spoke to a professor about how easy one of my classes seemed so far (unfortunately, the one I was most excited about - Evolution and Paleobiology) and whether it got any better throughout the year. I didn't know this, and won't be telling my institution back at home, but this class is an introductory class for evolution, which I'm already well versed in. But, instead of searching for another course, it might be better to have an easy one. I'm finding another class that I was counting on being easy - Research and Methods in Environmental Biology - to be much more challenging and so having an easy course would be really beneficial.
So after taking it easy on Friday and taking the day off training and going to Gran Torino again, I

woke up early and went surfing in Victor Harbour. It was a great day, amazing. The weather wasn't the greatest but good friends, great food, and a great tour guide made the experience really something. I went with Sactuary Surfers, a Christian group that offers surfing lessons, a drive to Victor Harbour and free barbeque for cheaper than other companies, and on top of that I had a great discussion about different Christian sects and a term that really makes sense to me, in explaining the difference between Christianity and "Churchianity" - or the difference between what the Church teaches and what the Bible teaches. Many people have a problem with the church, there's no denying that what so ever. But I do find that people still have faith in a higher power, something greater than the rest of us. Talking with this guy, Luke, was great because it was a fresh perspective that I hadn't ever thought of. Promoting the church through the correction of the ideals, correction of labels. Something as simple as promoting the church by not saying its the church, believing in Biblical and Faith based community, not church. I don't know how much that makes sense but its certainly something I would hope everyone would take even just a second to think of.
Altogether though, surfing was great. The whole day was great, and I can only hope that I'll get the chance to go again soon.