So, pirogue it is. Canadian parliament has just gone on hold for eight weeks, and this can equate to nothing good at all. I haven't checked out the latest feeds on the coalition government yet, but I'm hoping the Liberal party is going to take this opportunity to elect a new leader sooner then later, yet I imagine they are not. Probably too little time to be able to make such a huge decision and therefore thing won't change, and people won't necessarily be any happier having Stephane Dion as PM, but atleast I voted for the man and I'd be happy hearing all about it because maybe there can be some change for the environment?
Speaking of which, this opens up to fears and dreams. I'm actually started to get pretty worried about what jobs are gonna be available to me when I graduate school with the economy to continue to be in a form of near recession. I know this is looking down the line pretty far but its something that people should do. And I'm pretty comfortable saying that if things don't get much better in two years, I can gaurentee I'll do either my Bachelor in Engineering or a graduate degree, because things are just more secure in school then floating around jobless or doing something you don't want to be doing, i.e. working at Tim Horton's full time. So I fear that the recession will affect things so hardly that my previous plans of being a fresh young face in the environmental movement won't really be as attainable as I once thought possible.
Which leads to dreams; those that are getting me in trouble. I got into a disagreement today because I just never get to funnel my fumes about how inconsiderate and really ignorant some people can be. The health effects of smoking need no reminding or introduction here, everyone is finally realizing; smoking kills. Its not good for you. And whats even worse and more frustrating is smokers that just throw their butts onto the ground and step on them, because we all need to walk around the city seeing these little pieces that were in your mouth litter the streets. This is just so inconsiderate. Why? Just why? What gives you the right to throw your ash on the ground? I have this really cool idea that I want to do where I go to an area, pick up all the litter there, and then bring it all and (with permission) dump it inside and ask people walking by "Why is it any worse just because its inside a building?" See what kind of responses I can get there.
All things are going well, and training is certainly getting more regular, which is great because I feel alot better and I'm getting alot more regular sleep. I've starting fasting during the month of December in preparation for the upcoming Christmas holidays, nothing too serious. I initially wanted to do no eating during the sunlight hours of the day and thought this would be good to do now because its the shortest days of the year, but at the same time I didn't really prepare for that and so it would've been quite the shock to my system. So instead I'm just eating three meals/day, nothing in between and limiting the portions of my meals. Its been going pretty good because its has the extra effect of eating healthier.
Inspire
12 years ago
