13 December 2008

Good grief, good glory

Grief can be good sometimes, you know. Because once its gone, such a feeling of calm comes over you that you just feel right. That's what I've got going on right now. Not a care. Just enough time to relax and do all the things I'd like; pick up some creative Christmas gifts and start training, more and more and more. Hours beyond hours, and I couldn't be any happier. Its great to hear that so many people are doing well around the holiday season, and I only hope things continue going well. Even the Raptors have started to pick it up as of late, which is great. And Dwayne De Rosario has signed with TFC, so that's great too for this coming MLS season. It may not be much, but its the only football we have right now in our city and we can only hope they get more competitive with this move.
But lately, I've really started to enjoy the glory days, and I thought I'd push people on in the same direction;
-Music on in the background: Ray Charles, the original. Not Jamie Foxx singing like him. Ray could jam, you'll learn this quickly. And as always, my favourites, the Rat Pack - Frankie, Dean and Sammie. The tunes Michael Buble is making famous again, but sung with way more humour when you get some live tracks from the Sands in Vegas.
- TV: Mash and the Dukes of Hazard. These are how shows were meant to be made, and yes, although it happens 4 times/episode, I still get excited to see the ole General Lee take air like that.
- Movies: This year, for the first time I saw It's a Wonderful Life in full. Not cut by commercials and in the perfect setting of a classic one screen theatre. I would suggest this movie to absolutely everyone this season, something from these eras just make you think or say, they don't make movies like they used to.