10 April 2009

Straight from the source...

I usually try to write in a travel journal my mom had bought me on top of updating the blog, and have been doing a good job of it but once I got started today I thought for the first time I could just type the pages right out and give you an inside look at some unstructered thought from yours truely. You'll notice the language I use while writting to myself is kinda wierd, but it just makes things a little more interesting to think in a way you wouldn't normally, and I enjoy it just fine. So without further ado, from the pages of 10 March 2009:

Well, today was a great day and that was saying a lot for how much I actually did today. Usually unfull days really get me a bother but today was very different. I awoke after yesterdays all too eventful night I threw on the movie I'd fallen asleep to, Across the Universe. I watched this while eating breakfast and going through what I was going to do today. After I got through that and some special feathe, it was time to rise and get some stuff done. So, I put on Casino Royale and cleaned my room to that, and I got to say it turned out heaps good if you will (a common Australian degree of excellency). And at that point, three p.m. was approaching and Easter Friday being, 3 o'clock is the recognized time for the passing of Jesus. Now, I don't put much stock into the actual time that was figured at some point by some scholarly priest or histrion, but I do much agree with recognising some time where you could be reflecting if only for an hour. Now, I knew that I'd previously stated a desire to put myself more forward regarding my faith, but I took some moments before the hour dawned to think about what I was most drawn to in the aspects of church, and the answer I found was the community of it all. Adelaide is quite famous for its grand scale of churches, but notorious, as I had been told, for the underwhelming attendence at each of these places. So, community wasn't quite the word I was thinking when I reckon about attending in Adelaide. I thought to myself then that what I should do instead at such a religious hour would be to use the skillset that I've been blessed with. I jumped on the cycle and put in a solid hour of thoughtful saddle time. Because it was Good Friday all the stores were closed, leaving the only traffic on the roads late comers to church and those on their way to spend time with family and friends. It made the ride particularly memorable to see the park I venture by to be filled with families enjoying the fine weather and a barbeque. The regretful part of my ride was the large, beautiful looking fox that was unfortunately struck by an automobile in between a ten minute span of when I'd crossed its hiding path, turned around, and crossed its resting path on the road. It got me to thinking about the recklessness of the human spirit, not in just our society but those before us. Imagine a place before capitalism, before the destructive industrial revolution, before human superiority complex when we understood that we aren't any better than the rest of creation around us, but equal. We're all here on Earth together, yet we, as humans, are the only species that are slowly and more recently hastily destroying the only habitats that we've got. So, I couldn't help to think how different the world would have been had the superiority complex never been. To know culture that valued the environment in a ture sense, that certainly would be a sight to see. After my reflective ride, I made my way down to Glenelg to enjoy the finer living of the mid-semester break. After just a night here, I can see the appeal of both living in this aparment and of being Kim and Trine. Its not that I'm jealous of the lifestyle, but a safe envy is more accurate. It just seems as though these two have a better understanding of what to enjoy in life; fine food and wine, the accompaniment of eachother and friends. They both just seem to have a zest and appreciation for life that is seldom seen, unclouded by anything, and its infectious with the more time you spend around them. All in all, it was a great day to sit down and take stock of what you yourself appreciate in life, as simple as it can be, big or small.