Well, the week turned from fortunate to not so much rather quickly after Monday. The computer being fixed was not as fortunate as I hoped it might, and it has officially ran its last legs. Its got nothing left to offer me anymore, and I've said my goodbyes. Now, the problem is picking its successor and thats not as easy as I thought it might be when I visited a store and found out the outrageous inflation on non-Aussie products. So, that leaves me with the dilemma of it being cheaper to buy...a mac... in Canada. Yeah, its true, I've decided to walk that road, tred that path. But, I've already said to myself that it will always be just another notebook, and I'm mostly looking to this acquisition for the purpose of avoiding Windows Vista. So, my dilemma is purchasing in Canada and getting it to me here, and whether that is a possibility at all. I'm currently looking into now that things have certainly slowed down.
Its kind of sad that everyone is either leaving or getting ready to leave for mid-semester break and I'm stuck here awaiting for the field trips to start. I know the field trips will be a good time, so thats okay, but its just filling up my days until then. Easter is coming this weekend and although I'll be spending it differently then what I have in the past, its still an experience to look forward to. I've sort of drifted a bit away from thinking about my faith while being in Australia with everything else thats been going on. But, I had an dream last night that really put things into perspective for me and will not be forgotten for some time, in all honesty, possibly for all my life. There's been so many experiences in Australia thus far that I hope will have left an imprint on me somehow, and as strange enough this dream was one of the strongest ones so far.
Another thing that happened this week was the little treat I found called Gorge Road. Another gorgeous Australian ride, this time found by mistake. Alongside the Torrens River, it cuts through the Adelaide Hills rather then having to climb them for about 20km. So you're just on a gradual climb and dip, rollers if you will, and the whole time you're surrounded by amazing sites and cliffsides and surprisingly enough there was no traffic either, which is always the best of these nice surprises. I can't see why someone would want to drive here, but it was great for cycling. I was just starting to hit some more elevation when time constraints required me to turn around, but I reckon that next week's long ride will be up that same road and pushing it as far as I can. On the same day, I had a great swim workout too, staying discipline and doing a gradient routine of 100, 200, 300, 400 and 500m intervals and then working my way back down. I got an actual time for my 100m sprint at the end, 1m29s and I think but I'm not positive (it was at the beginning of the workout and I got a little confused) I may have posted a 38s/50m. Now, if you start looking at these times compared to Olympic athletes or even regular swimmers, you'll probably say to yourself Well that's not all that quick. Well, its an improvement and you can eat it if you're not impressed. I know its only getting to get faster and that is the best part about training; seeing personal records increase with hard work and proper technique. So look out world! haha Not really, but I was proud of myself though, and noone's going to take that away with me.
Inspire
12 years ago
