So most of the things you do when you're young and adventurous 22 yr old usually end up being a lot of fun, things that you wouldn't want to or be able to necessarily do when you're older, and every once and a while, when they're really fun and really adventurous, they hurt like heck. Take for in part, riding a fixie around the wet dark streets with no brakes (I do have a break, but the nature of braking on a fixie is not easily learnt and takes some getting used to). So I took spill on the new bike, ground my hip up a bit and learned a lesson; on a fixie you have to pull up your pant leg. You don't have a choice, because the second it gets caught in the chain, your weight is absolutely thrown off and your legs keep pedalling. The fall (avec helmet, no brain damage there) was actually kinda fun, in a sick way. So then another example of hurting but fun is this Saturday when I went surfing with Elle and my buddy Neil. First of all,
Neil and I talking over us getting smashed, and me gazing into the defeating ocean, knowing I'll be back for another go round.
