This couldn't wait until dec 2nd; taken from a msn conversation of me explaining to a friend what I witnessed today:
cts says:
You won't believe what just happened. So I'm taking the bus home and I always take the number 1 to this particular street and then get off and wait for the 80 or 81 to come by right
cts says:
So I'm on the one, get off at the regular stop, and the 81 is right behind it, so I think sweet, nice. I get on the 81 and look infront of the bus and theres this car pulled over with the 4 ways on. So I thought "this guys pretty inconsiderate for parking at this spot"
cts says:
And then this guy gets out and comes up to the bus and I thought oh maybe a lights out or something dangerous and hes gonna tell the driver about it. He goes to the driver window and just says "Lets go buddy, right now" and he wanted to fight the bus driver. He musta cut him off at some point before they picked me up
cts says:
SO the driver says yeah you're really worth my job buddy.
and the guy starts lipping off, saying oh yeah, your 12$/hr job. and continues to lip off.
so the driver says just get back in your car tough guy
he lips back
get back in your car or i'm gonna hit both you and your car.
cts says:
someone the guy gets the window open and starts grabbing the driver trying to pull him out the window. So the bus starts like creeping forward, the guy somehow gets it in park, then gets back in his seat and starts going around this guys car, then blocks him in and calls the cops
cts says:
So the guy got wise to it and somehow turned around in the stalled traffic but not until after one of the passengers got his plates. I got off the bus just as the cops had showed up a few spots later and were talking to the driver. This rage-aholic is screwed haha.
This is what cyclists have to deal with every day, and it only gets worse in the winter. How are you people so consumed with having to get somewhere that fast that you act like this, or like the guy that hit me when I was on a residential street and he was flying. Not hurt at all, swerved outta the way in time so that he only caught my handlebars, but then this guy gets out trying to tell me it was my fault and because he's also a cyclist that hitting another cyclist was the last thing he would ever want to do. Are you kidding me? First of all, any human being wouldn't want to hit a cyclist, and secondly, when a cyclist is in the middle of the street looking directly at a front door waiting for a neighbour to get out of the way before approaching, what do you think this person is doing? And apparently after waiting 30 yards down the street trying to decide what the cyclist is doing, is speeding past the guy instead of using the horn really the smartest thing to do?
Everyone, please just settle down. You're going to live for 100 years in a world that has lasted more then 4 billion years old. I'm pretty sure if you're not going to get your daughter at school on time that its not gonna be the end of the world, and most of the time when people are late thats your fault in the first place.
Inspire
12 years ago
